Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Currently

It's okay!
Simmer down!!
I won't be posting tomorrow.....AND this is a linky to Farley's "Currently" ( Farley as in Oh Boy 4th Grade Farley!) and so, it's the rules I can post twice today......RIGHT?
Right!

Here's my Currently for July!


I'm listening to my youtube playlist and thinking I REALLY need to update it. I have several....one for school and several for me AT school when no kids are in earshot!!

I'm LOVING the new material I bought yesterday at JoAnn's and now am hoping I can talk my mom into sewing some really simple (as in so simple I don't posess the skils to do it) curtains for my classroom!!

I still am in SHOCK that it' JULY!!! SERIOUSLY!! WHERE did June go people???

I'm thinking if I won the lottery, I'd still keep my job (just hire a sub for those days I can't make it because I'm in need of a mental health break and a secretary to do my paperwork and a craft consultant to do the cutesy crafts with my class....) and I'd have the cutest stinkin' room in 2nd grade!! But the lottery gods have not shined on me yet!

I SO need to go to the gym! But WOW...do people live there? Because my gym is CROWDED no matter WHAT time of the day or night I go! Like the comedian Kevin Hart says, " YOU WON! GO home! I need to get my flabby body in shape!"


My reads..... Gooney Bird Greene....love her! She makes it okay to dress in a tutu, tiara and long gloves for school! PLUS it gives some great writing tips hidden subtly in the chapters!! My kids LOVE this character!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Marcia Tate. I got the pleasure of going to one of her workshops a few years ago!!She's awesome if you ever get the chance to see her in person...and her books are GREAT!! So many of her methods work well with my ADD kids, autistic kiddos and the ones that are neither but would require a spot(or ten)  of super glue to stay seated all day!!!

AND since I am SUCH a rule follower , I am SO gonna follow Farley's Rule of 3.....I pinky promise, cross my heart!!!!! Click HERE to link up!!!

7 comments:

  1. I have to make curtains for my classroom too. I am going to buys some flat sheets to make my curtains, I think I can get more for my dollar. Fabric is so expensive. I am with you on so much to do and so little time. That's the life of a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea!!! I may do sheet curtains for two little windows by my door that tend to blind my students in the summer months!!!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through Farley's rule of three. I bought some material at JoAnn's yesterday too but I'm using it for bulletin boards and making a cape. I can't wait!
    I would love it if you would check my blog out.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked out your blog and LOVE it!! A cape? Wow!!! Would it happen to be a 'birthday cape'? I think I saw that on pinterest!!! Looks like I have some more sewing to talk my mom into doing! Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kim! I found your blog through Farley's rule of 3 and became your newest follower! Marcia Tate came to our school a few years ago for a whole district professional development day and she was awesome! Her overall personality and "take" on everything school related really clicked with me! Your post reminded me that I should reread her book this summer!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't say enough good stuff about Marcia Tate! I am hoping our district brings her back this year....I could use a refresher!!

      Delete
  4. I'm now your newest follower! Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete