Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's WHAT day???

Okay, I feel like I just woke up from a fog!
I realized that next week is my LAST full week off (although it's not technically a full week off because I have a team leader meeting on Thursday)....so we're getting down to the count, folks!

Good news is that since the baby boy shipped off to boot camp (and I got my scripted phone call at 12:15 a.m. Wednesday morning) I have been up to school every day and making huge progress.

Bad news is I'm not sure how I'm going to pull off a school year without getting to work around 9:30 and taking a nap at 2:00! Looks like I'm going to have to readjust my schedule!!!

Here's what I've done so far.....

Ok, I caved.....I did!
I wasn't going to use this board as a word wall this year....but I'm out of cute ideas for displaying work and out of room for a word wall anywhere else So, I combined my newly made Cowboy ABCs and word wall! It'll look better once I have some actual words on it!


This is where I'm going to be displaying my anchor posters! I reused some yellow material I had and made the 'fence' border myself.


This is my sink area.....consider this the 'before' picture as now I have cleared it of all clutter and rearranged the stuff on top of the cabinets to look a bit better!


My bookshelves and 'reading center'. I got bulbs for my lamps and when they are turned on, it looks quite 'homey'. I intend on taking the kids pics the first day and putting them on the bulletin board with  the "Good Readers" to complete this bulletin board.


My desk and 'teacher table' area Notice the colored cowboy hats on top of my cabinet? I got them for a dollar at Dollar Tree! Lots of colors! LOVE em!


My "not as smart as your board" and meeting area!



Our grade level bulletin board in the hall I plan on putting some catchy title....which I'm sure will come to me and somehow relate to our theme of " _______ kids: The next BIG thing"
I'm thinking of something like " Dream BIG!!" and die-cutting little stars where they write their 'dream' for the year on it and putting it in our 'blue' area of our flag!!!



Another Dollar Tree find.....I'm going with a Red, White and Blue theme....can you tell I had a kid ship off to boot camp on the brain when I was shopping???


Found these sticker letters at Dollar Tree also.......love the saying, " Wish it, Dream it, Do it"

Well, I'm tired and it's WAY past nap time......the school schedule is gonna KILL me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment